Important Information for Visa Applicant!
Visa application fees:
US Passport holders: $160.00 One Month Visa (Validity 3 months)
US Passport holders: $180.00 Three Month Visa (Validity 3 months)
US Passport holders: $360.00 One Year Visa (Validity One Year)
Other countries' passport holders: $100.00 One Month Visa (Validity 3 months)
India and Pakistan passport holders: free
Official and UN Passport holders: free
Any additional fees that is charged by individuals/companies or tourist service providers is not Visa fees related, The Consulate is not liable for any additional fees charged by third party.
For more information contact the Visa Section at 212 972 2277
Please be advised that the FedEx Hand Written Label will not be accepted, your application will be on hold if you send FedEx Hand Written Label.
Please be advised that the Passport Fee has changed from $104.00 USD to $120.00 USD. Effective as of Monday, June 8th, 2015.
• The Consulate General of Afghanistan in New York is not responsible to track packages sent from this location. We are not responsible for any mail which is lost by Fed-Ex or USPS.
• Please be advised that Afghan Passports are no longer accepted for extension, Please apply for a new 5 year Machine Readable Afghan Passport.
• The Consulate General of Afghanistan has moved to a new location.
• Please be advised that we do not accept UPS as a mail source at this time.
• Please use Fed-Ex or USPS as a mail source.
• Please be advised that all Consular fees must be paid by money order.
• Please be advised that the Fee for Birth Certificate has changed.
• Please be advised that the Fee for Police Clearance has changed.
• Please be advised that a new section has been added to the Visa section for media travelling to Afghanistan.A